Yes, you are in the right spot. This is the page with links to history museums from Romania. And this is what I am able to offer you:
- Muzeul Militar (Military Museum) from Bucuresti - site hosted by MApN (Ministry of Defense). You can visit the museumís collections or the video and photo archives, for different periods.
- Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei (National History Museum) - presents their own collection of goods and also links to other detailed sources.
- Muzeul National de Istorie a Transilvaniei (National Transylvanian History Museum)
- Castelul Bran (Bran Castle) - comprises a short history of the castle accompagnied with pictures of it. The site is maintained and hosted by MOC (Ministry of Culture).
- Castelul Peles (Peles Castle) - new site!!!
- Huniads castle (Hunedoara) - maybe the largest and the best looking medieval castle in Romania
- Sighisoara - images of the medieval fortress. It is the oldest inhabited medieval fortress from Europe.
- The medieval fortress from Targu Mures - well hidden by the orthodox cathedral from the center of the city, the fortress is in good shape, but it deserves more publicity.
- Muzeul Banatului (Banat Museum) - visit the medieval section of the musem.